Thank you for your interest in learning more about becoming an adoptive parent! Please fill out the form below or call us at 386-238-4900 , and a team member will be in contact to discuss the process with you further, answer any questions you might have, and help you take your next step! The adoption process varies slightly in different areas of the state, so some of the steps may also vary.
- Step 1: Attend a no-commitment orientation (you’ll get to meet experienced adoptive or foster parents too).
- Step 2: Complete training classes (you can even take the classes at night and on weekends to accommodate to your schedule).
- Step 3: Complete a home study.
- Step 4: Your application will be reviewed, and you will be notified upon approval.
- Step 5: Once approved, a team member will notify you when a child or children whose needs match your family is identified.
- Step 6: Once the adoption team decides the child(ren) is ready, they will be placed in your home.
- Step 7: The adoption team will make regular visits to your home to assess how the child(ren) is adjusting.
- Step 8: Once the adoption team determines that it is in the child(ren)’s best interest to remain in your home, they will submit a “consent to adopt” to your attorney.
- Step 9: The adoption will be finalized by a judge at an adoption hearing.