Mentor a young adult and change a life! Through our mentorship program, young adults aging out of foster care are teamed with a supportive community volunteer to help them transition into adulthood and independency. Serving as a mentor is about sharing time and knowledge and giving of yourself. Helping a child realize their potential will allow them to follow their dreams and believe that THEY CAN DO IT!
Read the story of one of our mentors.
- Willingness to work one-on-one with a youth in foster care between the ages of 14 and 17.
- Willingness to spend at least 1 hour per week for at least 3 months with matched youth.
- Must submit to and pass fingerprinting, background checks, and a drug screening.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have automobile insurance with 100,000/300,000 bodily injury liability coverage limits.